I'm finally on my way home, and yes, I did figure out how to blog on my iPhone, but wow, busy, busy, busy. Ok, I'm on a free internet computer at the Houston Airport, so I need to type fast. According to the countdown clock, I have 17:15 and counting down.
5 Reasons to come to San Antonio
1. The food downtown (sorry, it's probably great around other parts of San Antonio, but I've never been here with a car) is FABULOUS! I don't know if it's TEX-MEX, but yum! My favorite so far is Boudros. I like the guacamole for two that they make right at your table, and their steaks are wonderful. I also like the wild appetizer with the polenta. Another place that was good was Zunis they have this soup with beer, it's one of a kind.
2. The boat tour along the river - if you're a history buff, an architect buff, or just plain niele, this boat tour is pretty cheap and very informative as long as you get the right guide that talks loud enough.
3. The River Walk is just beautiful. I've been here in July and now in November and when it's cold and blustery up on the street level, it's warmer on the River Walk and vice versa for the summer.
4. Navigation - if you don't need to be on a wheel chair, then walking is the best way to see the downtown area. I like to stay on the River Walk because it feels safer when I'm traveling alone, but on the street level, there are lots of signs, and the homeless man that asked me for money still gave me directions even if I didn't have anything to give him. Plus, somehow, the River Walk seems to wind in a different direction than the street, I don't know how to explain this, but I get lost up top because I'm going in the wrong direction half the time.
5. (I have 9:37 before it boots me off) The people are used to tourists, so it's really easy to get help, information, suggestions. In other words they are really friendly. Pau
I just got an email from American for round trip flights over Christmas break Honolulu to San Antonio for $585. That's cheap!
Signing off with 5 minutes to go.