Sunday, December 04, 2016

Recognize the Invisible Students and Love Them


This video has been on the Facebook feed and it is shocking and disturbing. For me, it just explained my lens in a very dramatic way. It helps me to explain to my student teachers  why I bring up certain students in a middle/secondary classroom. Even if my students felt like they did a great job, and they almost always do a great job in this journey, I notice the invisible students that seem to fly under the radar. I point out the students in their classrooms that I want them to notice too.  I don't know how to explain it. Just watch the video and stop reading this.

I watched it and could not keep my eyes off of the blond boy with the headphones. He kept catching my eye. I lost track of the main character. There needs to be more of us in education who hone in on those students, and love them fierce.

No comments: